UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandants Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017
Dear candidates who applied for the UPSC Assistant Commandants Jobs have started their Exam preparation for the Written Test which is going to organize by the UPSC Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) . All those applicants can check the UPSC CAPF Asst. Commandants Syllabus 2017. Here, we are providing the UPSC CAPF Asst. Commandants Syllabus along with Exam pattern. Here we also provided UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandants Previous Question Papers . So before going to begin the preparation, once check the Provided UPSC Assistant Commandants Syllabus. Then, you will get an idea about the UPSC Assistant Commandants test pattern.
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandants Exam Pattern
Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct above selection rounds to select the applications for Assistant Commandants Posts. The UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus & Exam pattern had explicitly mentioned below. Candidates can check the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam Pattern. The written test will consist of objective type multiple choice questions. The questions will be set both in Hindi and English. Download UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus from below sections.
(i) Written Examination
|S.No||Parts||Exam Type||Subject Name||No of Marks||Time Duration|
|1||Part I||Objective Type||General Ability and Intelligence||250||10 a.m. to 12.00|
|2||Part 2||General||General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension||200 Marks||2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.|
(ii) Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
Physical Efficiency Test
|1||100 Meters race||16 seconds||18 seconds|
|2||800 Meters race||3 minutes 45 seconds||4 minutes 45 seconds|
|3||Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 Chances)||3.0 meters (3 Chances)|
|4||Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||–|
Physical Standard Test
- Height: 170 cm (165 cm only for ST candidates)
- Weight: Candidates weight will be according to Height, minimum weight will be 50 kg
- Chest: 81 to 85 cm (75 cm only for ST and Hill Areas candidates) with 05 cm Expansion.
- Height: 157 cm (155 only for SC/ST candidates)
- Weight: Minimum weight of the female applicants will be 40 kg
Medical Standard Test
a)First of all, Eye Sight: Visual Standards required for the above selection shall be as follows:
- Right Eye Left Eye
- Distant Vision — 6/6 6/6
- Near Vision — 0/5 0/5 (Snellen) (Snellen)
- Each eye must have a full field of vision.
- Colour blindness, squint or any morbid condition of the eye or lids of either eye shall be deemed to be a disqualification.
b) So, The candidate should possess sound health and be free from any bodily defect or infirmity which will render him unfit for the posts notified.
c) Candidates who have the following ailments or defects will not be considered for recruitment to any post specified in this rule
- Physically handicapped
- Knocking-knees, pigeon chest, flat foot, Vericose veins, Hammer toes, fractured limbs, decayed teeth, stammering, hard of hearing and abnormal psychological behavior.
(iii) Interview/Personality Test
Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
(iv) Final Selection / Merit
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant (BSF, CRPF, CISF, SSB) Syllabus
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence Syllabus
General Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation
- General Awareness
- Scientific Temper
- Comprehension and Appreciation of scientific phenomena
Current Events of National and International Importance
- Current Events of national and international
- Importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalization.
Indian Polity and Economy
- Constitution of India
- Social systems and public administration
- Economic development in India
- Regional and international security issues
History of India
- Economic and political aspects
Indian and World Geography
- Social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension Syllabus
Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, precise writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.