- 1 Highlights of Railway Budget 2017 – Rail Budget News – Union Budget 2017
- 1.1 Download Railway Budget 2017 pdf – Union Budget 2017 LIVE Updates
- 1.2 Railway Budget 2017 Highlights – Union Budget 2017 Overview
- 1.3 Highlights of Union Budget 2017 – Download Railway Budget 2017 pdf
- 1.4 Railway Budget 2017-18 Highlights and PDF File – Railway budget 2017 pdf download
- 1.5 Main Highlights of Railway Budget 2017-18
Highlights of Railway Budget 2017 – Rail Budget News – Union Budget 2017
Union budget 2017 – Railway Budget 2017: Union Finance Minister, Mr. Arun Jaitley mainly focuses on 4 key areas for Indian Railways.
- A Rail safety fund+ with a corpus of Rs 100,000 crore over a period of 5 years.
- There is no service charge on rail tickets booked through IRCTC.
- As many as 500 rail stations will be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts and escalators.
- Steps to launch dedicated trains for pilgrimage and tourism.
- A new metro rail policy will create employment opportunity.
- During 2017-18, at least 25 train stations will get award.
- Download the Railway Budget 2017 pdf for the complete details.
Download Railway Budget 2017 pdf – Union Budget 2017 LIVE Updates
- A controversial Budget 2017 is clueless, actionless. There is No roadmap for the country or the future from a government.
- Tax payers still have restrictions on withdrawals. No figures on figures for demonetization? It is Misleading. says – Mamata Banerjee.
- The Finance Minister Jaitley has presented an ‘Uttam’ Budget, aims at strengthening the hands of the poor.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also said that the merger of the Railway Budget with the general budget will give an impetus to the transport sector’s growth.
- Also, aims to “Double the Income of Farmers”.
Railway Budget 2017 Highlights – Union Budget 2017 Overview
- “It’s a historic and important budget which will have a long-term impact”: Nitin Gadkari
- What is the need to present the Budget every year? Were all announcements of last year’s budget fulfilled?: Uddhav Thackeray, Shiv Sena
- Former RBI governor C Rangarajan describes Budget2017 as ‘a fairly routine’ Budget.
- Path breaking budget, a new era has begun – Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Reducing cash limit for political funding from Rs 20K to Rs 2K is meaningless. Because there is no limit in number of persons – Yogendra Yadav of Swarajaya Abhiyan
- Stock gains wide; Sensex climbs over 347 points, regains 28,000-mark, Nifty surges 92 pts on Budget proposals.
- Arun Jaitley introduces Finance Bill in Lok Sabha.
Highlights of Union Budget 2017 – Download Railway Budget 2017 pdf
- The Focus will be on energizing our youth, to reap benefits of growth and employment.
- The Target of agricultural loans to farmers set at the record Rs 10 lakh crore in 2017-18.
- Total allocation for rural, agricultural and allied sectors for 2017-18 is Rs 187223 Cr, which is 24 percent higher than last year.
- 100 percent village electrification will be achieved by May 1, 2018.
- Budget allocation to MNREGA increased to a record Rs 48,000 crore for 2017-18 from Rs 37,000 crore in 2016-17.
- Long-term irrigation fund set up in NABARD, additional corpus Rs 20,000 Cr.
- Farmers will benefit from 60-day interest waiver announced by PM.
- Issuance of soil health cards has gathered momentum.
- Agenda is to transform, energize and clean India.
- International Monetary Fund estimates that the world GDP will grow by 3.1 percent in 2016 and 3.4 percent in 2017.
- Agriculture will grow at 4.1 percent in the current year.
- Overall approach in this year’s Budget has been to spend more in rural areas.
- Dairy processing fund initial corpus of Rs 2,000 Cr.
Railway Budget 2017-18 Highlights and PDF File – Railway budget 2017 pdf download
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced the following 13 highlights in the rail budget:
- Rail safety fund with the corpus of Rs 100,000 crore will be created over a period of five years.
- 500 stations to be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts and escalators.
- A new metro rail policy will be announced to open up new jobs for youth.
- As many as 7,000 railway stations to be solar powered. Already 300 stations have been solar powered.
- No Service charge for those booking through IRCTC.
- All coaches of the Indian Railways will have bio-toilets by the end of the year 2019.
- As much as 3,500 km railway lines to be commissioned in 2017.
- IRCTC, IRCON to be listed this year.
- Dedicated trains for pilgrims will be launched.
- The Cashless transaction has gone up from 58 percent to 68 percent. These are the latest Railway Budget 2017 highlights.
Main Highlights of Railway Budget 2017-18
- Budget 2017: Highlights of Railways budget, including Rail Safety Fund
- Railway Budget 2017: Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley announced these 10 key things for Prabhu’s Indian Railways
- Railway Budget 2017: It is a Big cheer for the common man! There is no Service charge on ticket booking via IRCTC.