NTPC Assistant Officer Syllabus & Exam Pattern PDF: The National Thermal Power Corporation Limited has released NTPC Assistant Officer Syllabus on its Official Web portal @ ntpc.co.in. The NTPC Safety & Environment Management Exam Pattern is uploaded on this page for the sake of the Candidates. Candidates who had applied for NTPC Jobs and preparing for Assistant Officer (Safety & Environment Management) Exam 2022 should check this article for NTPC Syllabus and test pattern PDF. Here we have uploaded the Subject Wise Syllabus and Detailed Exam Pattern to help the Aspirants in their Exam Preparation. So all the Applicants are advised to read this article completely and Download the NTPC Safety & Environment Management Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the Below Section free of cost.
- 0.1 NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management Syllabus 2022 PDF
- 0.2 Latest NTPC Assistant Officer Exam Pattern 2022
- 1 Download Syllabus for NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety 2022 PDF
NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management Syllabus 2022 PDF
|Name of the Board||National Thermal Power Corporation Limited|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety|
|Exam Date||Will be Informed soon|
Latest NTPC Assistant Officer Exam Pattern 2022
|Part A||Subject Knowledge||70 questions|
|Part B||Aptitude||50 questions|
Download Syllabus for NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety 2022 PDF
The NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety Syllabus is provided for the candidates preparing for the Exam. Candidates who have applied for NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety Recruitment can use this syllabus to help them to give their best in the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission Exam. The NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management/ Safety Syllabus topics are mentioned below.
NTPC Assistant Officer Environment Management:
Part A Subject Knowledge
Section 1: Mathematics Foundation
- Linear Algebra: Determinants and matrices, Systems of linear equations, Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
- Calculus: Functions, Limit, Continuity, Differentiability, Local maxima and minima, Taylor series, Tests for convergence, Definite and indefinite integrals, Application of definite integral to obtain area and volume, Partial and total derivatives.
- Differential Equations: Linear and non-linear first order ordinary differential equations (ODE), Higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Laplace transform and its application in solving linear ODEs.
- Probability and Statistics: Descriptive statistics, Measurement of central tendency, Dispersion, Skewness and kurtosis, Probability concepts, Conditional probability, Bayes theorem, Risk and reliability, Probability distributions, Correlation, Single and multiple regression models, Hypothesis testing (t-test, F-test, chi-square test).
Section 2: Environmental Chemistry
- Fundamentals of Environmental Chemistry: Covalent and ionic bonding; Chemical equations, concentration and activity; Structure and chemistry of organic molecules; Radioactivity of elements; Chemical equilibria; Thermodynamics and kinetics of chemical reactions.
- Principles of water chemistry: Water quality parameters and their measurement; Acid-base equilibria; Buffer solution; Carbonate system; Solubility of gases in water; Complexation, precipitation, and redox reactions; Inorganic and organic contaminants in water and their speciation.
- Soil chemistry; Organic matter, nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, cation exchange capacity, base saturation, and sodium absorption ratio.
- Atmospheric Chemistry: Composition of the atmosphere; Reactivity of trace substances in the atmosphere; Urban atmosphere—smog and particulate pollution; Chemistry of ozone formation; Chemistry of stratosphere.
Section 3: Environmental Microbiology
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic microorganisms; Characteristics of diverse groups of microorganisms; Classification of microorganisms; Microbial diversity; Plant-microbe and soil-microbe interactions; Role of microorganisms in wastewater treatment, bioremediation and biogeochemical cycling.
- Cell chemistry and cell biology: Structure of proteins, nucleic acid (DNA & RNA), lipids and polysaccharides; Bonds in biomolecules; Stereoisomerism in biomolecules; Structure of cell; Structure and function of cytoplasmic membrane, cell wall, outer membrane, glycocalyx, chromosomes, endospores, storage products, mitochondria and chloroplasts.
- Microbial metabolism: Anabolism and catabolism; Phosphorylation; Glycolysis; TCA cycle; Electron transport chain; Fermentation; Anaerobic respiration; Energy balances; Enzymes and Enzyme kinetics.
- Growth and control of microorganisms: Bacterial nutrition and growth; Specific growth rate and doubling time; Monod’s model; Types of culture media; Batch and continuous culture; Effects of environmental factors on growth; Control of microbes using physical and chemical methods.
- Microbiology and health: Pathogens and modes of transmission; Indicator organisms; Quantification of coliforms using MPN and membrane filtration techniques.
Section 4: Water Resources and Environmental Hydraulics
- Global Water Resources: Structure, properties and distribution of water; Water quality; Threats to water resources; Water conservation.
- Surface Water Resources: Hydrological cycle and water balance – precipitation, infiltration, evapotranspiration, runoff; Flow hydrographs; Unit hydrographs; Stage-discharge relationship; Reservoir capacity; Reservoir and channel routing; Surface run-off models; Surface water management; Rain water harvesting and storage.
- Groundwater Resources: Geologic formations as aquifers; Vadose and saturated zones; Confined and unconfined aquifers and their parameters – porosity, permeability, transmissivity and storage coefficient; Darcy’s law and applications; Steady state well hydraulics.
- Environmental Hydraulics: Concepts of mechanics; Properties of fluids; Pressure measurement; Hydrostatic force on surfaces; Buoyancy and flotation; Laminar and turbulent flow; Flow through pipes; Pipe networks; Boundary layer theory; Forces on immersed bodies; Flow measurement in channels and pipes; Kinematics of flow; Continuity, momentum and energy equations; Channel hydraulics – specific energy, critical flow, hydraulic jump, rapid and gradually varied flow; Design of lined and unlined channels.
Section 5: Water & Wastewater Treatment and Management
- Water and wastewater quality parameters; Eutrophication and thermal stratification in lakes; River pollution – Oxygen sag curve.
- Water treatment methods – screening, sedimentation with and without coagulation, filtration, desalination, disinfection; Water distribution and storage
- Point and non-point sources of wastewater; Population forecasting methods; Design of sewer and storm water sewers; Sewer appurtenances; Preliminary, primary, secondary and tertiary sewage treatment; Sludge generation, processing and disposal methods; Sewage farming.
- Sources and characteristics of industrial effluents; Concept of Common Effluent Treatment Plants (CETP); Wastewater recycling and zero liquid discharge.
- Kinetics and reactor design: Mass and energy balance, Order and rate of reactions, Batch reactors, Completely mixed flow reactors, Plug flow reactors.
Section 6: Air and Noise Pollution
- Structure of the atmosphere; Natural and anthropogenic sources of pollution; Atmospheric sources, sinks, transport; Indoor air pollution; Effects on health and environment; Air pollution: gases and particulate matter; Air quality standards; Primary and secondary pollutants; Criteria pollutants, ambient and source standards, air quality indices, visibility.
- Particulate pollutants: measurement and control methods; Control of particulate air pollutants using gravitational settling chambers, cyclone separators, wet collectors, fabric filters (Bag-house filter), electrostatic precipitators (ESP).
- Gaseous Pollutants: Measurement and control methods; Control of gaseous contaminants: absorption, adsorption, condensation and combustion; Control of sulphur oxides, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and hydrocarbons; Vapour-liquid and vapour-solid equilibria; Diffusion, Fick’s law and interfacial mass transfer.
- Automotive emission controls, fuel quality, diesel particulate filters, catalytic convertors.
- Air quality management: Point, line and area sources; Inventory; Influence of meteorology – wind rose diagrams, stability, mixing height, topography, dispersion modelling, monitoring.
- Noise pollution: Sources; Health effects; Standards; Measurement and control methods.
Section 7: Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- Integrated solid waste management; Waste hierarchy; Rules and regulations for solid waste management in India.
- Municipal solid waste management: Sources, generation, characteristics, collection and transportation, waste processing and disposal (including reuse options, biological methods, energy recovery processes and landfilling).
- Hazardous waste management: Characteristics, generation, fate of materials in the environment, treatment and disposal.
- Soil contamination and leaching of contaminants into groundwater.
- Management of biomedical waste, plastic waste and E-waste: Sources, generation and characteristics; Waste management practices including storage, collection and transfer.
Section 8: Global and Regional Environmental Issues
- Global effects of air pollution – Greenhouse gases, global warming, climate change, urban heat islands, acid rain, ozone hole.
- Ecology and various ecosystems; Biodiversity; Factors influencing increase in population, energy consumption, and environmental degradation.
Section 9: Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
- Environmental Management Systems; ISO14000 series; Environmental auditing: Environmental Impact Assessment; Life cycle assessment; Human health risk assessment
- Environmental Law and Policy – Objectives; Polluter pays principle, Precautionary principle; The Water and Air Acts with amendments; The Environment (Protection) Act (EPA) 1986; National Green Tribunal Act, 2010; National Environment Policy; Principles of International Law and International treaties.
- Energy and Environment: Energy sources – overview of resources and reserves; Renewable and nonrenewable energy sources; Energy-Environment nexus.
- Sustainable Development: Definition and concepts of sustainable development; Sustainable development goals; Hurdles to sustainability; Environment and economics.
Part B (Aptitude)
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude &
- Logical Reasoning
Download SUbject WisevNTPC Assistant Officer Safety Syllabus PDF
Part A Subject Knowledge
Section 1: Occupational Health
- Physical Health Hazards
- Chemical Health Hazards and Their Prevention and Control
- Psychological Hazards
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders and Application of Ergonomics in Industry
- Occupational Diseases
Section 2: Industrial Safety
- Accidents and Prevention
- Hazard Identification, Prevention and Control Techniques for Identification of Hazards
- Behavior Based Safety
- Work Permit System
Section 3: Occupational Safety And Health Legislations
- ILO Conventions and Recommendations
- National Policy on Occupational Safety Health and Environment at Workplace
- The Factories Act, 1948
- The Dockworkers Act, 1986 and The Dockworkers Regulations, 1990
- Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 and Amended, 1986
- Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and Rules
- Workmen’s Compensation Acts, 1923
- The Mines Act, 1952 and Rules
- The Employee’s State Insurance Act, 1948
- Manufacture Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules, 1989
- OHSAS, 18001
Section 4: Industrial Hygiene
- Industrial Hygiene –TLV Place Monitoring Concept and Work
- Assessment of Airborne Contaminants in The Work Environment
- Biological Monitoring
- Industrial Ventilation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs)
- Heat Stress
Section 5: Staff Training & Productivity
- Health of Executives
- Role of Factory Medical Officers in Promotion of Health Education and Training for Prevention of Occupational Health Problems in Industry
- Identification of Health Training Needs Designing and Organizing Training Programs
- Training Techniques
- Communication and Training
- Concept and Measurements of Productivity
- Total Quality Management
- Kaizen- Concept and Philosophy
- Principles of Healthcare Management
Section 6: Miscellaneous
- Women at Work
- Basic Types of Inventory Control Systems
- Organization & Function of Occupational Health Services
- Emergency Medical Responses – Medical Organization for Major Accident Hazard Control
- Evaluations of Industrial Injuries
- Industrial Medicine Service
- Toxicity of Some Pesticides and General Precaution
PART B (Aptitude)
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude &
- Logical Reasoning
NTPC Assistant Officer Syllabus – Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is NTPC Assistant Officer Syllabus?
What is the Exam Pattern for NTPC 2022?
Where can I Get the NTPC Assistant Officer Syllabus PDF?
What are the Total Marks for NTPC Assistant Officer Exam?
How many Questions will be asked in the NTPC Assistant Officer Exam ?