Contents in this Article
PSSSB Junior Draftsman Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023
PPSC Draftsman Syllabus 2023 PDF Download: The Officials of the Punjab PSC have released the Draftsmen Syllabus pdf for the Applied Candidates on its Official website @ ppsc.gov.in. So all the Appicstns Can Check Punjab PSC Draftsman Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Selection Process Here. The Punjab Public Service Commission has recently released the Recruitment Notification of Draftsmen Posts. Here in this article, We have provided the PPSC Draftsman Detailed Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Selection Process.
PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2023 Highlights
|Organization Name||Punjab Public Service Commission|
|Selection Process||Written Competitive Examination|
Punjab PSC Draftsmen Exam Pattern 2023
- The PPSC Exam Will be Objective Type.
- The Total Number of Questions is 120 questions.
- Each question carries 4 marks
- for each correct answer candidate will get 4 (four) marks.
- The total marks for the exam will be 480 marks.
- The time duration will be two (02) hours.
- The question paper will be in English Language only.
- There will be Negative Marking in the written examination i.e., for each incorrect answer, 1 (One) mark will be deducted from the total score.
|Name of the Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Part A: Concerned Subjects||100||400|
|Total||120 Questions||480 Marks|
|Time Duration: 2 Hours|
|Multiple Choice Objective Questions|
Download Subject Wise PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2023 PDF
PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus PDF Download: Here we have uploaded the PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus Exam Pattern 2023. So all the Applicants should Start Preparation for the Written Examination. In order to help the Applicants, we have Provided the Detailsed PPSC Draftsman Syllabus 2023 along with updated Exan Pattern from the official website of the PPSC @ ppsc.gov.in. So, Download all the data related to the PPSC Draftsmen Group B Syllabus 2023.
Part-A: Concerned Subjects
- Importance of B.I.S., Introduction of Code for Practice of Architectural and Building Drawings (IS: 962- 1989),Layout of drawing. Lines, Lettering, Dimensioning. Knowledge of different types of Scales and Principle of R.F., Different types of projection views such as Orthographic, Isometric, Oblique and Prespective.
- Building Materials- Stones –classification, types, uses. Bricks – Manufacturing, characteristics, types, uses. Lime– characteristics, types, uses. Pozzolanic- classification, types, uses. Cement – Manufacturing, classification, types, uses and test of good cement. Sand – characteristics, types & uses. Clay Products – types, earthenware, stoneware, porcelain, terracotta, glazing. Mortar& Concrete –Types, uses Preparation, Proportion ad mixtures and applications. Timber–types, Structure, disease & defects, characteristics, seasoning. Preservation and uses.
- Alternative materials of Timber- Plywood, Block Board, Particle Board, Fireproof reinforced plastic, (FRP). Medium density fireboard (MDF) etc.
- Protective materials- Tar, bitumen, asphalt- Properties, application and uses Paints–characteristics, types, uses. Varnishes– characteristics, types, uses. Metal– characteristics, types, uses. Plastics –characteristics, types, use.
- Building Construction:- Sequence of construction of a building. Name of different parts of building.
- Stone masonry- Terms used and Classification. Principle of construction, Composite masonry. Strength of walls. Strength of Masonry.
- Brick masonry – Principle of construction of Bonds, Tools and Equipment used.
- Foundation-Purpose of Foundation, Causes of failure of Foundation, Types of Foundations, Drawing of footing, foundation, Setting out of building on ground excavation, Types of Shoring and Scaffolding details, Types of Underpinning and Timbering details. DPC. Arches. Lintels. Morter. R.C.C. Reinforcement. Doors & windows. Roofs. Floors. Trusses. Carpentry Joints. Stairs.
- Surveying-Introduction, History and Principal of chain surveying. Instruments Employed. Main divisions (plain & geodetic).Chain Surveying. Compass Surveying. Plane Table Surveying. Leveling. Theodolite. Total Station
- Computer aided drafting (CAD) -Operating system software & their use. Introduction of CAD. Basic commands of CAD
- Planning of Building-Principles of Planning& orientation of Building. Local Building Bye Laws
- Estimating & Costing- Methods of finding Quantities of materials.
- Roads and Railways- Principles of Planning & construction of Roads. Indian Railways & their Gauges
- Bridges-Culverts& Bridges.
- Irrigation & hydrology – Methods. Terms used in Irrigation. Storage & Reservoirs. Canals. Hydroelectric power house.
- Public Health Engineering- Public health system of Sanitation. Sanitary Fittings etc.
General Knowledge & Current Affairs: General Knowledge and Current affairs of National and International importance
- Economic issues.
- Polity issues.
- Environment issues
- Science and Technology.
- Any other current issues.
- (a) History of India with special reference to Indian freedom struggle movement.
(b) History of Punjab- 14th century onwards.
General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude
- Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Mental Ability
- Basic numerical skills, numbers, magnitudes, percentage, numerical relation appreciation.
- Data analysis, Graphic presentation charts, tables, spreadsheets.
PPSC Draftsman Syllabus – Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is the PPSC Draftsman Syllabus?
How many papers are there in PPSC Draftsman Exam?
How many questions will be asked in the PPSC Draftsman Exam 2023?
For How many Marks the PPSC Draftsman Exam will be conducted?
is there any Negative Marketing in the PPSC Draftsman Exam 2023?