SSC Scientific Assistant recruitment is out. Those already applied may now start preparing for SSC Exam 2018. SSC Syllabus 2018 for Scientific Assistant Posts is given here. Applicants who applied for this exam can download the SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2018 Pdf and Exam Pattern from the links provided in this article end. You can check SSC Exam Dates, Timings etc @ ssconline.nic.in or For complete notification Details visit Jobsbadi.com or Govtjobsforall.in
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2018
|Sl. No.||Type||Papers||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total No. of Marks||Total Time|
|1.||Objective Type||Part I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||200||120 Mins|
|3.||English Language & Comprehension||25|
|5.||Part II||Relevant Subject||100|
SSC Exam Pattern / Selection Process for Scientific Assistant Exam :
Department of the SSC will conduct examination for applying candidates for Scientific Assistant vacancy. Selection of candidates should be done on the basis of written exam. Recruiting applicant who want to attend the Examination should check the syllabus and pattern. Exam nature will be objective type.
- SSC exam would be comprise 200 questions and contain 200 marks.
- The time duration for SSC Exam 2 hours.
- Each question carrying 1 marks.
- The question paper in two parts, Part – I & Part – II.
- Applicants final Selection will be based on Marks consist in written Examination.
- The written exam will be consist of some subject as for Part A) 1.)General Intelligence 2.) Quantitative Aptitude 3.) English language & Comprehension 4.) General
- Part (B) Physics, Computer Science and Information Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Exam will be consist of objective type question and multiple choice question.
- Exam paper divided into 2 parts- Part A.(Compulsory) Part B
Scientific Assistant Recruitment Exam will be conducted across various test centres in India being Jammu, Bhopal, Ahmedabad, Guntur, Itanagar, Almora, Bangalore, Gangtok and Agra. The exam will be a division of 2 parts with total weight being 200 marks. Candidates will get 2 hours to answer 200 questions. Students need to be careful as examination carries negative marking of 0.25 marks. Candidates will not be allowed to carry phones, calculators and any other electronic device inside the examination hall.
Part one of the exam will question related to general intelligence and reasoning, English language, quantitative aptitude, and comprehension and general awareness for 100 marks. Part two will have questions on physics, computer science, electronics and telecommunication engineering and information technology for 100 marks. Both exam will be conducted on the same day.
Syllabus for SSC Scientific Assistant 2018
Staff Selection Commission Syllabus 2018 Part-I
- General Intelligence &Reasoning : The Syllabus for General Intelligence would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation
- Quantitative Aptitude:The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation
- English Language & Comprehension: English grammar, Vocabulary, Spellings, Synonyms and Antonyms, Comprehension, Correct and incorrect usages, etc.
- General Awareness: General, physical, geographical, topographical, economic and climatic features of India. Current events. Matters of everyday observation and experience on scientific aspects and reasoning. Basic topics of mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. History of India, its cultural heritage, freedom movement.
SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2018 Part-II
- Physics Mechanics: Units and dimensions, SI Units, Newton‟s Laws of Motion, conservation of linear and angular momentum, projectiles, rotational motion, moment of inertia, rolling motion, Newton‟s Law of gravitation, Planetary motion, Kepler‟s Laws of Planetary motion, artificial satellites, Fluid motion, Bernoulli‟s theorem, Surface tension
- Computer Science and Information Technology Computer: History of Computer and their classification, Basic Organization, Memory – RAM, ROM, EPROM, etc, Magnetic-Floppy, Hard disks, CDROM, WORM etc, Concept of Virtual Memory and Cache Memory, Number systems, binary octal, Hexadecimal, Binary Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication, Flotation, point representation and arithmetic, Arithmetic through stacks.
- Electronics & Telecommunication
- i) Electronics : Conductors, Semi-conductors, Insulators, Magnetic, Passive components, characteristics of Resistors, Capacitors and inductors.PN Junction diode, forward and reverse bias characteristics and equivalent circuits of diode, Zener diode and applications, clipping, clamping and rectifier circuits using diodes. Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJT) Field Effect Transistor (FET) and MOSFET.
- ii) Telecommunication: Basic antenna principle directive gain, directivity, radiation pattern, broad-side and end-fire array, Yagi antenna, Parabolic antenna, Ground wave propagation, space waves, ionosphere propagation and electromagnetic frequency spectrum, Modulation.
Syllabus for SSC Scientific Assistant 2018
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam comprises of 2 Paper each having weight age of 100 marks and there will be a composite time duration of 2 Hours.
1) Paper 1 : 100 Questions (100 Marks): Paper 1 Comprises of Questions for 4 Subject viz Reasoning, Maths, General Awareness and English.
i) General Intelligence and Reasoning: It is reasoning and questions in this test comprises of both from Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning. If you have appeared for any of the SSC Exams in the past, then you should be aware how the Reasoning questions are asked.
- No of Questions: 25
- Total Marks: 25
1) Analogies, Similarities, Differences.
2) Space Visualisation, Problem Solving.
3) Analysis, Judgement, Decision Making.
4) Visual Memory, Discrimination, Observation Relationship concepts.
5) Arithmetical Reasoning, Arithmetic Number Series, Verbal and Figure Classification.
ii) Quantitative Aptitude: In lay man’s Language this is Maths and Questions in this section are asked up to 10th Standard. Again there will be 25 Questions in this test carrying 25 Marks.
iii) General English: If, you have appeared in any Competitive Exam, then you know that English is an Integral part of Syllabus and same is with the Scientific Assistants Syllabus.
English Section comprises of 25 Questions carrying 25 Marks.
Here is the Topic wise Syllabus for English section.
1) Vocabulary, Comprehension and English Grammar.
3) Synonyms and Antonyms.
4) Correct and In Correct Usages etc.
iv) General Awareness: This is General Knowledge and Questions in this Section comprises of Current Affairs, Current GK etc.
Syllabus for Paper-2 (Subjective Type)
The Second Paper of SSC Scientific Assistant Exam comprises of Subject wise Questions in Objective Format.
Paper 2 (Subjective Paper): In Paper 2 Questions will be asked from various subjects and for that SSC had mentioned a detailed Syllabus. There will be 100 Objective Questions in Paper 2 and Questions in this Paper will be asked from these Subjects.
2) Computer Science & Information Technology
3) Electronics and Communication