Contents in this Article
UPS CMS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 Download PDF
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2023 is available here. Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Services Syllabus & Exam Pattern had given here on our website for free download. Candidates who are applied for UPSC Combined Medical Services (CMS) Recruitment have started their Exam preparation for the Written Test must download the pdf of UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern Pdf for free download. All those applicants can check the UPSC CMS Syllabus and can download it. Here, we are providing the UPSC Combined Medical Services Previous papers along with solutions. Click the below links to download the UPSC Combined Medical Services Previous Papers, Syllabus, and Exam Pattern. Get UPSC CMS Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern pdf for free download.
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2023 PDF
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Posts Name||Combined Medical Services Examination|
|Post Name||Medical Officer, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer Gr 2|
|Job Location||Across India|
UPSC Combined Medical Services Syllabus 2023 | Exam Pattern
Candidates who are applying for Union Public Service Commission UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam can get the syllabus from here. Exam Syllabus Plays a Crucial Role in exam preparation. Without having the knowledge of the UPSC Syllabus 2023 CMS Exam, individuals cannot clearly present in the written examination. Therefore, candidates to qualify for the examination to know the in-depth UPSC CMS Syllabus 2023 through this article. In this section, we provide the topic Wise Syllabus for Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Services Syllabus 2023. Also, begin your preparation now as there is a huge UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam 2023 Syllabus to cover for the exam. Also, access the previous papers for UPSCL CMS Examination from our site for your preparation.
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2023
The Exam pattern of the UPSC Combined Medical Services CMS Exam has clearly mentioned on our website. The Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Services CMS Exam Paper has objective-type questions in Different Sections like General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude, and General Knowledge. Candidates who going to attend the Exam can download the UPSC Combined Medical Services CMS Test Pattern and Syllabus on this page.
SCHEME OF COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICES EXAMINATION: TO BE MADE EFFECTIVE FROM CMSE‐2023
The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan:‐
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||General Medicine||96 questions||250 marks|
|Paper-II||Pediatrics||24 questions||250 marks|
|Total||120 Questions||500 Marks|
|Duration:2 Hours For Each Paper|
Personality Test for 100 Marks
Download UPSC Combined Medical Services CMS Syllabus 2023 PDF
The UPSC CMS Syllabus is provided for the candidates preparing for the Exam. Candidates those who have applied for UPSC CMS Recruitment can use this syllabus to help you to give their best in the Union Public Service Commission Exam. The UPSC CMS Syllabus topics are mentioned below.
UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2023
Syllabus of Paper‐I
- General Medicine includes the following:
- Respiratory diseases
- Metabolic disorders (ix)Infections/Communicable Diseases
- Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)
- Musculoskeletal System
- Emergency Medicine
- Common Poisoning
- Tropical Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emphasis on medical procedures
- Patho physiological basis of diseases
- Vaccines preventable diseases and Non-vaccines preventable diseases
- Vitamin deficiency diseases
- Psychiatry includes – Depression, psychosis, anxiety, bipolar diseases and
- Pediatrics include the following ‐
- Common childhood emergencies,
- Basic newborn care,
- Normal developmental milestones,
- Accidents and poisonings in children,
- Birth defects and counseling including autism,
- Immunization in children,
- Recognizing children with special needs and management, and
- National programs related to child
Paper II Maximum
(Code No. 2) Marks: 250
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Preventive & Social Medicine
Total questions in Paper II = 120 (40 questions from each part.)
Syllabus of Paper ‐ II
(Surgery including ENT, Ophthalmology, Traumatology, and Orthopaedics)
- General Surgery
- Blood vessels
- Head and neck
- Alimentary tract
- Liver, Bile, Pancreas
- Abdominal wall
- Abdominal injuries
- Urological Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology N.T.
- Thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Diagnosis and management of common surgical ailments
- Pre‐operative and post-operative care of surgical patients
- Medicolegal and ethical issues of surgery
- Wound healing
- Fluid and electrolyte management in surgery
- Shock pathophysiology and
- GYNAECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS
- Ante‐natal conditions
- Intra‐natal conditions
- Post‐natal conditions
- Management of normal labors or complicated labor
- Questions on applied anatomy
- Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization
- Questions on infections in the genital tract
- Questions on neoplasm in the genital tract
- Questions on the displacement of the uterus
- Normal delivery and safe delivery practices
- High-risk pregnancy and management
- Intra Uterine growth retardation
- Medicolegal examination in body and Gynae including
- FAMILY PLANNING
- Conventional contraceptives
- D. and oral pills
- The operative procedure, sterilization, and organization of programs in the urban and rural surroundings
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- PREVENTIVE SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE
I Social and Community Medicine II Concept of Health, Disease and
III Health Administration and Planning IV General Epidemiology
V Demography and Health Statistics VI Communicable Diseases
VII Environmental Health VIII Nutrition and Health
IX Non‐communicable diseases X Occupational Health
- Genetics and Health
- International Health
- Medical Sociology and Health Education XIV Maternal and Child Health
- National Programmes
- Management of common health problems XVII Ability to monitor national health programs XVIII Knowledge of maternal and child wellness
- XIX Ability to recognize, investigate, report, plan and manage community health problems including malnutrition and emergencies.
- The Computer based examination in both the papers will be complete of objective (Multiple choice answers) The question Papers (Test Booklets) will be set in English only.
- Candidates must mark the Papers In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to mark answers for them.
- The Commission has the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or both the papers of the
- Penalty for wrong answers
There will be a penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective-type question papers.
- There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that
- Candidates are not permitted to use calculators for answering objective-type papers. They should, therefore not bring the same inside the Examination
- Both the Papers of the CMSE will be of MBBS
- PERSONALITY TEST – (100 marks):
Candidates who qualify in the computer-based examination will be called for an Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 100 marks.
The Interview for Personality Test will be intended to serve as a supplement to the computer based examination for testing the General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study and also in the nature of a personality test to assess the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgement and alertness of mind, the ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
UPSC CMS Syllabus – Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is UPSC CMS Syllabus?
What is the Exam Pattern for UPSC CMS2023?
Where can I Get the UPSC CMS Syllabus PDF?
What are the Total Marks for UPSC CMS Exam?
How many Questions will be asked in the UPSC CMS Exam ?