HPSC SDE Syllabus & Exam Pattern PDF: The Haryana Public Service Commission has released HPSC SDE Syllabus on its Official Web portal @ hpsc.gov.in. The HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Exam Pattern is uploaded on this page for the sake of the Candidates. The Candidates who had applied for HPSC Jobs and preparing for Sub Divisional Engineer SDE Exam 2023 should check this article for HPSC Syllabus and test pattern PDF. Here we have uploaded the Subject Wise Syllabus and Detailed Exam Pattern to help the Aspirants in their Exam Preparation. So all the Applicants are advised to read this article completely and Download the HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the Below Section for free of cost.
Contents in this Article
HPSC SDE Syllabus 2023 Highlights
|Organization||Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC)|
|Posts||Sub Divisional Engineer (Civil) in Development and Panchayat Department, Haryana|
Check the latest HPSC SDE Exam Pattern 2023
|HPSC SDE Exam Pattern 2023|
|Topics||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Structural Engineering||100 Questions||100 Marks||2 Hours|
|Water Resources Engineering|
Download Subject Wise HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Syllabus 2023 PDF
HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern PDF Download Here, you will find HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Exam Pattern data, Syllabus in Hindi & English Medium for the applied candidates of the HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer 2023. HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Syllabus 2023 (PDF) & Exam Pattern Download Here we have the Syllabus for both papers I will check now forHPSC SDE Paper 2 syllabus 2023. Candidates can get a complete syllabus for HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer 2023 for All Subjects (Languages). Aspirants will get complete knowledge about HPSC Sub Divisional Engineer Exam Syllabus by visiting all sections in this article.
- Engineering Mechanics: System of forces, free-body diagrams, equilibrium equations;nInternal forces in structures; Frictions and its applications; centre of mass; Free Vibrations of undamped SDOF system.
- Solid Mechanics: Bending moment and shear force in statically determinate beams; Simple stress and strain relationships; Simple bending theory, flexural and shear stresses, shear centre; Uniform torsion, Transformation of stress; buckling of column, combined and direct bending stresses.
- Structural Analysis: statically determinate and indeterminate structures by force/ energy methods; Method of superposition; Analysis of trusses, arches, beams, cables and frames; Displacement methods: Slope deflection and moment distribution methods; Influence lines; Stiffness and flexibility methods of structural analysis.
- Construction Materials and Management: Construction Materials: Structural Steel – Composition, material properties and behaviour; Concrete – Constituents, mix design, short-term and long-term properties. Construction Management: types of construction projects; Project planning and network analysis – PERT and CPM; Cost estimation. Concrete Structures: Working stress and Limit state design concepts; Design of beams, slabs, columns; Bond and development length; Prestressed concrete beams.
- Steel Structures: Working stress and Limit state design concepts; Design of tension and compression members, beams and beam-columns, column bases; Connections – simple and eccentric, beam-column connections, plate girders and trusses; Concept of plastic analysis. beams and frames.
- Soil Mechanics: Three-phase system and phase relationships, index properties; Unified and Indian standard soil classification system; Permeability – one-dimensional flow, Seepage through soils – two – dimensional flow, flow nets, uplift pressure, piping, capillarity, seepage force; Principle of effective stress and quicksand condition; Compaction of soils; One-dimensional consolidation, time rate ol consolidation; Shear Strength, Mohr’s circle, reflective and total shear strength parameters, Stress-Strain characteristics of clays and sand; Stress paths.
- Foundation Engineering: Sub-surface investigations – Drilling bore holes, sampling, plate load test, standard penetration and cone penetration tests; Earth pressure theories Rankine and Coulomb; Stability of slopes – Finite and infinite slopes, Bishop,s method; Stress distribution in soils – Boussinesq’s theory; Pressure bulbs, Shallow foundations – Terzaghi’s and Meyerhoffs bearing capacity theories, the effect of the water table; Combined footing and raft foundation; Contact pressure; Settlement analysis in sands and clays; Deep foundations – dynamic and static formulae, Axial load capacity of piles in sands and clays. pile load test, pile under lateral loading, pile group efficiency, negative skin friction.
Water Resources Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics: Properties of fluids, fluid statics; Continuity, momentum, and energy equations and their applications; Potential flow, Laminar, and turbulent flow; Flow in pipes, pipe networks; Concept of boundary layer and its growth; Concept of lift and drag.
- Hydraulics: Forces on immersed bodies; Flow measurement in channels and pipes; Dimensional analysis and hydraulic similitude; Channel Hydraulics – Energy-depth relationships, specific energy, critical flow, hydraulic jump, uniform flow, gradually
varied flow and water surface profiles.
- Hydrology: Hydrologic cycle, precipitation, evaporation, evapotranspiration, watershed,
infiltration, unit hydrographs, hydrograph analysis, reservoir capacity, flood estimation and routing, surface run-off models, ground water hydrology – steady state well hydraulics and aquifers; Application of Darcy’s law.
- Inigation: Types of irrigation systems and methods; Crop water requirements – Duty, Delta, evapo-transpiration; Gravity Dams and Spillways; Lined and unlined canals, Design of weirs on a permeable foundation; cross drainage structures.
- Water and Waste Water Quality and Treatment: Basics of water quality standards Physical, chemical, and biological parameters; Water quality index; Unit processes and operations; Water requirement; Water distribution system; Drinking water treatment. Sewerage system design, the quantity of domestic wastewater, primary and secondary treatment. Effluent discharge standards; Sludge disposal; Reuse of treated sewage for different applications.
- Air Pollution: Types of pollutants, their sources, and impacts, air pollution control, air quality standards, Air Quality Index, and Limits.
- Municipal Solid Wastes: Characteristics, generation, collection, and transportation of solid wastes, engineered systems for solid waste management (reuse/ recycle, energy recovery, treatment, and disposal).
- Transportation Infrastructure: Geometric design of highways – cross-sectional elements, sight distances, horizontal and vertical alignments.
- The geometric design of railway Track – Speed and Cant.
- Concept of airport runway length, calculations, and connections; taxiway and exit taxiway design.
- Highway Pavements: Highway materials – desirable properties of bituminous paving mixes; Design factors for flexible Design of flexible and rigid pavement using IRC codes
- Traffic Engineering: Traffic studies on flow and speed, peak hour factor, accident study, statistical analysis of traffic data; Microscopic and macroscopic parameters of traffic flow, fundamental relationships; Traffic signs; Signal design by Webster’s method; Types of intersections; Highway capacity.
Principles of surveying; Enors and their adjustment; Maps – scale, coordinate system; Distance and angle measurement – Levelling and trigonometric leveling; Traversing and triangulation survey; Total station; Horizontal and vertical curves. Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing – Scale, flying height; Basics of remote sensing and GIS.
HPSC SDE Syllabus – Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is HPSC SDE Syllabus?
What is the Exam Pattern for HPSC SDE2023?
Where can I Get the HPSC SDE Syllabus PDF?
What are the Total Marks for HPSC SDE Exam?
How many Questions will be asked in the HPSC SDE Exam ?