Candidates who are applying for Karnataka Public Service Commission KPSC Assistant Engineer Exam can get the syllabus from here. Exam Syllabus Plays a Crucial Role in exam preparation. Without having the knowledge of the KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2023 AE Exam, individuals cannot clearly present in the written examination. Therefore, candidates to qualify for the examination to know the in-depth KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2023 through this article. In this section, we provide the topic Wise Syllabus for Karnataka Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2023. Also, begin your preparation now as there is a huge KPSC Assistant Engineer Exam 2023 Syllabus to cover for the exam. Also, Download the previous papers for KPSC AE Exam from our site for your preparation.
Contents in this Article
KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2023 Highlights
|Organization||Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)|
|Posts||Assistant Engineer (AE)|
|Selection Process||Kannada Language Exam, Competitive Exam, Documents Verification, Interview|
|Exam Mode||offline-OMR type or Computer Based Recruitment Test (CBRT)|
KPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern 2023
|Name of the Subjects||Number of Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I: General Paper||200||1 and Half Hours|
|Paper II: Specific Paper||200||2 Hours|
|Total||400 Marks||3 and Half Hours|
Download KPSC AE (Assistant Engineer) Syllabus 2023 PDF
This article is about providing the KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus and Exam Pattern for those candidates who have applied for KPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2023. Here we provide the latest KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Assistant Engineer Examination. Download KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus PDF 2023 for Free Download.
Paper I: General Paper
- General Science
- Karnataka History and Geography
- History of India
- Geography of India
- Social Science
- General Knowledge subjects related to General Physical Ability, Everyday Comprehension subjects and practical knowledge expected of a person who had passed the prescribed qualifying examination.
Paper II: Specific Paper
Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering
- Need for protected water supply
- Collection and Conveyance of water
- Ground Water
- Ground Water Exploration
- Need for sanitation
- Wastewater characteristics
- Rural sanitation
- Definition, scope and importance of Environmental Studies
- Conservation of Natural Resources: Land, Water, Air
- Environmental Engineering and Management
- Environmental Management Standards
Civil Engineering Materials and Construction
- Traditional materials: stone, brick, tiles -roofing and flooring, steel, timber, lime, cement,
manutacture, properties and codal requirements, Mortar, cement concrete, properties, specincau and tests for quality control. Concrete Making Materials- Manufacture of Cements, types of cemciana aggregates, properties and testing, Water, admixture. Fresh concrete, workability, compactio curing. Strength of concrete, elasticity, shrinkage and creep. Durability of concrete. Reinforced concrete, paints, enamels, varnishes, tar, bitumen, asplant, properties ana use.
- Modern materials: plastic, rubber, polymer, fibre reinforece plastics, manufacture, properties and use. Introduction to composites and smart materials.
- Building Construction: Foundations: Stone Masonry; Brick Masonry-Rules for bonding,
stretcher and header bonds and English Bond; Doors and Windows; Stairs proportioning and designing of different types of staircases for residential and commercial buildings; Diferent types of roofs. RC Constructions – Lintels and sunshades, beams, one-way and two-way Slabs.
- Plastering and pointing: types, preparation, properties, uses and defects. Formwork for construction Damp proofing
- Fundamentals of force system. Concept of Rigid body and deformable bodies. Free body diagrams.
- Centroid and moment of inertia of plane areas. Simple stress and stain. Hooke’s law. Mechanical properties of materials. Elastic constants. Simple flexure theory, bending stress and shearing stress distribution across sections Mohr’s circle of stresses. Torsion, transmission of power through hollow and solid shafts. Beams of uniform strength. Combined bending and torsion.
- Elastic stability of columns. Bending moment and shear force diagrams for simply supported beams, cantilever beams and overhanging beams. Analysis of simple trusses.
Reinforced Concrete and Steel Structures
- RC STRUCTURES: Strength properties and behavior of concrete and reinforcing steel. Basic principles of working stress design. Limit state design concepts. Designing of members subject to flexure, shear, torsion, axial forces and combinations, uniaxial and biaxial bending of columns. Design of simply supported and continuous beams and slabs; tow way slabs. Isolated and combined footings. Computation of deflection and crack width. Design of retaining walls – cantilever and counterfort type, Design of water tank-rectangular and circular tanks, underground and resting on ground.
- Steel Structures: General principles of elastic method of design of steel structures. Bolted and welded connections. Tension and compression members. Laterally supported and unsupported beams. Unsymmetrical bending. Built up beams. Plate girders. Members subjected to axial force and uniaxial and biaxial moments. Introduction to the limit state design philosophy of steel structures.
Fluid Mechanics, Hydrology & Water Resource Engineering
- HYDROLOGY & WATER RESOURCE ENGINEERING: Hydrologic cycle, Water budget,
Catchment. Precipitation: types, measurement, intensity, duration temporal and spatial analysis, Infiltration, soil moisture, evaporation, transpiration, Groundwater, Runoff components, factors, hydrographs, unit hydrograph, flood estimation. Immigration; objectives, methods, irrigation water requirements. Components of irrigation system and design principles.
- Water Power Engineering: Basic principles, types of schemes.
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- SOIL MECHANICS: Soil formation, Three phase system, Index properties of soils, Soil
classification, Hydraulics of soils, Stress distribution in soils, Soil compaction, dimensional consolidation, Effective stress and pore water pressure, and Shear Strength of soils. Soil exploration, Earth pressure, and its determination. Bearing capacity Theoretical methods and Insitu tests, Stability of slopes by various approaches, Load carrying capacity of single and group of piles, Ground improvement techniques.
- FOUNDATION ENGINEERING: Loads for foundation design, Depth of foundation, proportioning of footings, Geotechnical and structural design of isolated, combined, and raft foundations. Analysis of pile groups. Design of piles and pile cap. Design of cantilever, counterfort, and soil-reinforced retaining walls.
- Introduction and Terminology
- Basic principles of surveying
Estimation, Costing, Specifications, and Project Management
- Man and Machine
- Machinery for Civil Engineering
- Departmental Procedure
KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus – Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus??
What is the Exam Pattern for KPSC Assistant Engineer 2023?
Where can I Get the KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus PDF?
What are the Total Marks for KPSC Assistant Engineer Exam?
How many Questions will be asked in the KPSC Assistant Engineer Exam ?