KPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2017
The candidates must have an idea about the KPSC Gazetted Probationers Test Pattern then the candidates will get details about the exam duration, weightage of the marks for each section and topics relevant for the examination.
Karnataka Administrative Service Exam Scheme
|Paper||Name of the Subjects||No. of questions||No. of Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies related to National and|
|Paper II||General Studies related to State Importance||40||80|
|General Science & Tech, Environment &|
|General Mental Ability||30||60|
|Paper||No. of Subjects||No. of Marks|
|Paper III & IV||General Studies||300|
|Paper V, VI, VII, & VIII||Two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subject. Each subject will have two papers||300(Each Paper)|
Karnataka PSC Syllabus 2017 – Gazetted Probationers Syllabus
Candidates can know the topics covered in the exam. The candidates have to start their preparation earlier because there is a lot of syllabi to prepare. So, we suggest the applicants download the KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 from the direct link given below and start your preparation for the examination.
Preliminary Examination Syllabus:
- Current events of National & International importance.
- Humanities – History of India – Emphasis shall be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with special emphasis on Karnataka State.
- World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on the Karnataka.
- Indian Polity and economy, including the country’s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India-sustainable development, poverty alleviation, demographics, social sector initiatives etc., related to India.
- Current events of State importance and the important State Government programs.
- General Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology – contemporary developments in science and technology, and their implications including the matters of everyday observations and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline, general issues on Health, environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Mental Ability includes Comprehension, Logical reasoning and Analytical ability, Decision-making, problem-solving, Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude etc.,) and data interpretation ( charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc., (class X / SSLC level).
Mains Examination Syllabus
General Studies I:
- Modern History of India and Indian Culture with special reference to the History and Culture of Karnataka
- Current events of State, National, and International importance
- Statistical Analysis, Graphs, and Diagrams.
General Studies – II:
- Indian Polity with special reference to the state of Karnataka.
- Indian Economy and Geography of India with Special reference to Karnataka Economy and Karnataka Geography
- The role and the impact of Science and Technology in the development of Karnataka and India.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences and Fisheries
- Civil Engineering
- Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Co-operation, and Sericulture
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration
- Rural Development & Co-operation