CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23 is available on this page for free download. So the Candidates who have been searching for the CBSE 10th Class Syllabus can get the subject-wise syllabus from this page. The Officials of the CBSE have released the CBSE 10th class Science Revised Syllabus on its official web page.
- 1 CBSE Class 10 Science Revised Syllabus 2022-23
- 1.1 Theme: Materials
- 1.2 Chapter – 5 Periodic Classification of elements
- 1.3 Theme: The World of the Living Unit II: World of Living
- 1.4 Chapter – 9 Heredity and Evolution
- 1.5 Theme: Natural Phenomena Unit IV: Effects of Current Chapter – 12 Electricity
- 1.6 Chapter – 13 Magnetic effects of current
- 1.7 Theme: Natural Resources Unit V: Natural Resources
- 1.8 ONLY FOR INTERNAL ASSESSMENT
- 1.9 TERM-II
- 1.10 Unit-IV:(Chapter-12)
- 1.11 PRESCRIBED BOOKS:
- 1.12 Assessment Areas (Theory) 2022-23 (Class X)
- 1.13 Internal Assessment – (10 Marks each)
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus PDF
|Name of the Board||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Category||CBSE Science Syllabus|
CBSE Class 10 Science Revised Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2022-23-2 PDF: The CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus PDF is available on this page Questionpapersonline.com for the academic Year 2022-23. The Officials of the Central Board of Secondary Education have released the Class 10 Science Syllabus 2022-23 on its Official Portal @ cbseacademic.nic.in.So the Students can able to download the CBSE Class 10 Science Rationalized Curriculum Now from here. The Candidates can get the CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus from here. Click on the below-attached PDF links to Download the CBSE Syllabus 2022-23 for All Subjects of the Academic Year 2022-23. CBSE Science syllabus was reduced due to the pandemic Situation. And the New CBSE syllabus is now available Online for Download and The Scheme of the CBSE Class 10 Science Exam is also available Now.
Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour Chapter – 4 Carbon and its compounds
Carbon compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon.Homologous series.
Chapter – 5 Periodic Classification of elements
Periodic classification of elements: Need for classification, early attempts at classification of elements (Dobereiner’s Triads, Newland’s Law of Octaves, Mendeleev’s Periodic Table), Modern periodic table, gradation in properties, valency, atomic number, metallic and non-metallic properties.
Theme: The World of the Living Unit II: World of Living
Chapter – 8 How do organisms reproduce?
Reproduction: Reproduction in animals and plants (asexual and sexual) reproductive health-need and methods of family planning. Safe sex vs HIV/AIDS.Childbearing and women’s health.
Chapter – 9 Heredity and Evolution
Heredity: Heredity; Mendel’s contribution- Laws for inheritance of traits: Sex determination: brief introduction;
Theme: Natural Phenomena Unit IV: Effects of Current Chapter – 12 Electricity
Ohm’s law; Resistance, Resistivity, Factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Series combination of resistors, parallel combination of resistors, and its applications in daily life. Heating effect of electric current and its applications in daily life. Electric power, Interrelation between P, V, I, and R.
Chapter – 13 Magnetic effects of current
Magnetic effects of current: Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current carrying conductor, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on current carrying conductor, Fleming’s Left Hand Rule, Electric Motor, Electromagnetic induction. The induced potential difference, Induced current. Fleming’s Right-Hand Rule.
Theme: Natural Resources Unit V: Natural Resources
Chapter – 15 Our Environment
Our environment: Eco-system, Environmental problems, Ozone depletion, waste production and their solutions. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.
ONLY FOR INTERNAL ASSESSMENT
Chapter – 16 Management of natural resources: Conservation and judicious use of natural resources. Forest and wildlife; Coal and Petroleum conservation.Examples of people’s participation in the conservation of natural resources. Big dams: advantages and limitations; alternatives, if any. Water harvesting.Sustainability of natural resources.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Studying the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determining its Also plotting a graph between V and I.
- Studying (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast and Hydra with the help of prepared Unit-II:(Chapter-8)
- Science-Textbook for class IX-NCERT Publication
- Science-Text book for class X- NCERT Publication
- Assessment of Practical Skills in Science-Class IX – CBSE Publication
- Assessment of Practical Skills in Science- Class X- CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual-Science-Class IX, NCERT Publication
- Laboratory Manual-Science-Class X, NCERT Publication
- Exemplar Problems Class IX – NCERT Publication
- Exemplar Problems Class X – NCERT Publication
Assessment Areas (Theory) 2022-23 (Class X)
Theory TotalMaximum Marks: 80
|Demonstrate Knowledge and Understanding||46 %|
|Application of Knowledge/Concepts||22 %|
|Analyze, Evaluate and Create||32 %|
- The internal choice would be provided.
Internal Assessment – (10 Marks each)
- Periodic Assessment – 03 marks
- Multiple Assessment – 02 marks
- Subject Enrichment (Practical Work) – 03 marks
- Portfolio – 02 marks