Contents in this Article
- Karnataka WRD Assistant Engineer & Junior Engineer Syllabus PDF & Exam Pattern
- Download Karnataka PSC JE/ AE Complete Syllabus in PDF
- KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2023 Highlights
- WRD Karnataka Assistant Engineer & JE Exam Pattern 2023
- Download Karnataka WRD AE JE Syllabus 2023
- Paper I: General Paper
- Paper II: Specific Paper
Karnataka WRD Assistant Engineer & Junior Engineer Syllabus PDF & Exam Pattern
Karnataka WRD Assistant Engineer AE Syllabus PDF and Karnataka WRD Junior Engineer JE Syllabus and Exam Pattern are available now. Candidates who applied for the Karnataka WRD AE JE Jobs have started their Exam preparation for the Written Test which is going to organize by the Karnataka Water Resource Department. All those applicants can check the Karnataka WRD Assistant Engineer question Papers and can download them. Here, we are providing the Karnataka WRD Junior Engineer JE Previous papers along with solutions. Here we also provided Karnataka WRD AE & JE syllabus 2023. So before going to begin the preparation, once check the Provided WRD Karnataka Engineer Syllabus.
KPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2023 Highlights
|Organization||Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)|
|Posts||Assistant Engineer (AE)|
|Selection Process||Kannada Language Exam, Competitive Exam, Documents Verification, Interview|
|Examination Mode||offline-OMR type or Computer Based Recruitment Test (CBRT)|
WRD Karnataka Assistant Engineer & JE Exam Pattern 2023
|S.No||Type of Exam||No. of Papers||Name of the Paper||Name of the Subjects||Total No. of Marks|
|1.||ObjectiveType||Paper 1||General Paper||200 Marks|
|2.||Paper 2||Specific Paper||It will be determined by the selection committee|
Download Karnataka WRD AE JE Syllabus 2023
Candidates Can check the WRD Karnataka Syllabus 2023 and start their preparation for the examination. The candidates can also download the Karnataka WRD AE JE Syllabus 2023 on this page.
Paper I: General Paper
- General Science
- Karnataka History and Geography
- History of India
- Geography of India
- Social Science
- General Knowledge subjects related to General Physical Ability, Everyday Comprehension subjects and practical knowledge expected to a person who had passed the prescribed qualifying examination.
Paper II: Specific Paper
Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering
- Need for protected water supply
- Collection and Conveyance of water
- Ground Water
- Ground Water Exploration
- Need for sanitation
- Waste water characteristics
- Rural sanitation
- Definition, scope and importance of Environmental Studies
- Conservation of Natural Resources: Land, Water, Air
- Environmental Engineering and Management
- Environmental Management Standards
Civil Engineering Materials and Construction
- Traditional materials: stone, brick, tiles -roofing and flooring, steel, timber, lime, cement,
manutacture, properties and codal requirements, Mortar, cement concrete, properties, specincau and tests for quality control. Concrete Making Materials- Manufacture of Cements, types of cemciana aggregates, properties and testing, Water, admixture. Fresh concrete, workability, compactio curing. Strength of concrete, elasticity, shrinkage and creep. Durability of concrete. Reinforced concrete, paints, enamels, varnishes, tar, bitumen, asplant, properties ana use.
- Modern materials: plastic, rubber, polymer, fibre reinforece plastics, manufacture, properties and use. Introduction to composites and smart materials.
- Building Construction: Foundations: Stone Masonry; Brick Masonry-Rules for bonding,
stretcher and header bonds and English Bond; Doors and Windows; Stairs proportioning and designing of different types of staircases for residential and commercial buildings; Diferent types of roofs. RC Constructions – Lintels and sunshades, beams, one-way and two-way Slabs.
- Plastering and pointing: types, preparation, properties, uses and defects. Formwork for construction Damp proofing
- Fundamentals of force system. Concept of Rigid body and deformable bodies. Free body diagrams.
- Centroid and moment of inertia of plane areas. Simple stress and stain. Hooke’s law. Mechanical properties of materials. Elastic constants. Simple flexure theory, bending stress and shearing stress distribution across sections Mohr’s circle of stresses. Torsion, transmission of power through hollow and solid shafts. Beams of uniform strength. Combined bending and torsion.
- Elastic stability of columns. Bending moment and shear force diagrams for simply supported beams, cantilever beams and overhanging beams. Analysis of simple trusses.
Reinforeced Concrete and Steel Structures
- RC STRUCTURES: Strength properties and behaviour of concrete and reinforcing steel. Basic principles of working stress design. Limit state design concepts. Designing of members subject to flexure, shear, torsion, axial forces and combinations, uniaxial and biaxial bending of columns. Design of simply supported and continuous beams and slabs; tow way slabs. Isolated and combined footings. Computation of deflection and crack width. Design of retaining walls – cantilever and counterfort type, Design of water tank-rectangular and circular tanks, underground and resting on ground.
- Steel Structures: General principles of elastic method of design of steel structures. Bolted and welded connections. Tension and compression members. Laterally supported and unsupported beams. Unsymmetrical bending. Built up beams. Plate girders. Members subjected to axial force and uniaxial and biaxial moments. Introduction to the limit state design philosophy of steel structures.
Fluid Mechanics, Hydrology & Water Resource Engineering
- HYDROLOGY & WATER RESOURCE ENGINEERING: Hydrologic cycle, Water budget,
Catchment. Precipitation: types, measurement, intensity, duration temporal and spatial analysis, Infiltration, soil moisture, evaporation, transpiration, Groundwater, Runoff components, factors, hydrographs, unit hydrograph, flood estimation. Imigation; objectives, methods, irigation water requirements. Components of iigation system and design principles.
- Water Power Engineering: Basic principles, types of schemes.
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- SOIL MECHANICS: Soil formation, Three phase system, Index properties of soils, Soil
classification, Hydraulics of soils, Stress distribution in soils, Soil compaction, One dimensional consolidation, Effective stress and pore water pressure, Shear Strength of soils. Soil exploration, Earth pressure and its determination. Bearing capacity Theoretical methods and Insitu tests, Stability of slopes by various approaches, Load carrying capacity of single and group of piles, Ground improvement techniques.
- FOUNDATTION ENGINEERING: Loads for foundation design, Depth of foundation, proportioning of footings, Geotechnical and structural design of isolated, combined and raft foundations. Analysis of pile groups. Design of piles and pile cap. Design of cantilever, counterfort and soil reinforeced retaining walls.
- Introduction and Terminology
- Basic principles of surveying
Estimation, Costing, Specifications and Project Management
- Man and Machine
- Machinery for Civil Engineering
- Departmental Procedure
Karnataka WRD AE & JE Syllabus – Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is Karnataka WRD AE & JE Syllabus 2023?
What is the Exam Pattern for Karnataka WRD AE & JE Exam 2023?
Where can I Get the Karnataka WRD AE & JE Syllabus PDF?
What are the Total Marks for Karnataka WRD AE & JE Exam?
How many Questions will be asked in the Karnataka WRD AE & JE Exam ?