OPSC Judicial Service Exam Syllabus 2023: OPSC Judicial Service Exam Syllabus and Exam pattern are available now. Dear candidates who applied for the Odisha PSC JSE Jobs have started their Exam preparation for the Written Test which is going to organize by the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC). All those applicants can check the OPSC Judicial Services Exam question Papers and can download them. Here, we are providing the Odisha PSC JSE Previous papers along with solutions. Here we also provided OPSC JSE Syllabus Exam pattern 2023. So before going to begin the preparation, once check the Provided Odisha PSC Judicial Service Exam Exam Syllabus.
Contents in this Article
OPSC Civil Judge Syllabus 2023
|Organization||Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)|
Check OPSC Judicial Service Exam Pattern 2023
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Name of the Subject||No of Questions||No of Marks|
|Constitution of India||100||100|
|Code of Civil Procedure|
|Code of Criminal Procedure|
|Indian Penal Code|
|Transfer of Property Act|
|Law of Succession|
|Special Relief Act|
|Duration: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes|
Main Exam Pattern
|Name of the Subject||No of Marks|
|Paper: I General English||150|
|Paper: II Procedure Laws||150|
|Duration: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes|
|Name of the Subject||No of Marks|
|Law of Crime & Law of Torts||150|
|Law of Property||150|
|Law of Contract||150|
|Jurisprudence & Constitution of India||150|
|Duration: 3 Hours|
Download Odisha Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 PDF
Odisha PSC is going to conduct an Orissa Judicial Service examination to recruit skilled and experienced candidates for Civil Judges. Candidates who have applied for Odisha Judicial Service Examination 2023, OPSC will shortlist by conducting 3 different rounds. Three parts of OJSE 2023 are Preliminary Written Examination, Main Written Examination, and Interview. To qualify for the OJSE 2023, candidates should be capable enough to prepare hard for the Examination.
The preliminary written examination shall be of one paper carrying 100 marks with a duration of one and half hours with objective type questions of multiple choice (i.e. 100 questions of one mark each with negative marks of twenty-five percent of the marks allotted to a question for every wrong answer) on the following subjects and the OMR answer sheets will be scrutinized by computer
Topics (Objective types Questions)
- Constitution of India
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Code of Criminal Procedure
- Evidence Act
- Indian Penal Code
- Limitation Act
- Transfer of Property Act
- Contract Act
- Law of Succession (Indian Succession Act and Hindu Succession Act)
- Specific Relief Act.
The Commission shall call the eligible candidates for main written examination who have secured not less than 35 (thirty-five) per centum of marks·in case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates and 40 (forty) per centum of marks in case of others in the preliminary written examination.
|Paper – I General English (150 marks)||Paper – II Procedural Laws (150 marks)|
|(a) Translation and retranslation of ten lines each.|
(b) A short Essay about 150 words.
(c) Precise writing consisting of 300 words.
(d) 1 (one) passage of about 500 words with 5 questions.
|(a) The Code of Criminal Procedure,1973|
(b) The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
(c) The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- Law of Crime & Law of Torts (150 marks)
- Personal Law (150 marks)
(a) Hindu Law
(b) Mohammedan Law
- Law of Property (150 marks)
(a) Transfer of Property Act, 1882
(b) Specific Relief Act, 1963
(c) Indian Limitation Act, 1963
- Law of Contract (150 marks)
(a) Indian Contract Act, 1872
(b) Sales of Goods Act, 1930
(c) Partnership Act, 1932
(d) Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881
- Jurisprudence and Constitution of India (150 marks)
OJSE 2023 Exam Syllabus
OPSC Judicial Service Examination Syllabus 2023 for General English
- Word Formation.
- Error Correction.
- Theme detection.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Unseen Passages.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Passage Correction.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Sentence Correction.
- Passage Completion.
- Sentence Completion.
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
Constitution of Criminal Courts And Offices Topics
- Metropolitan area
- Court of Session
- Subordination of Assistant Sessions Judges
- Court of Judicial magistrates
- Chief Judicial Magistrate and Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate
- Special Judicial Magistrate
- Local jurisdiction of Judicial Magistrate
OJSE Syllabus 2023 for The Evidence Act, 1872
- Section -I: Short title, extent, and commencement
- Section II: Repeal of enactment
- Section III: Interpretation clause
- Section-IV: May presume
- Section-V: Evidence may be given of facts in the issue and relevant facts
- Section-VI: Relevancy of facts forming part of the same transaction
- Section-VII: Facts which are the occasion, cause, or effect of facts in the issue
- Section-VIII: Motivation, preparation, and previous or subsequent conduct
- Section-IX: Fact necessary to explain or introduce relevant facts.
- Section-X: Things said or done by conspirator in reference to common design
OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2023 for Indian Penal Code, 1860
- Chapter-I: General Explanation
- Chapter II: Of Punishment
- Chapter IV: General Exception
- Chapter-V: Of Abetment
- Chapter-V-A: Criminal Conspiracy
- Chapter-VIII: Of Offences relating to the Army, Navy and Air Force
- Chapter- XIV: Of Offences affecting the Public Health, Safety, Convenience, Decency and Moral
- Chapter- XVI: Of Offences affecting the Human Body
- Chapter-XVII: Of Offences Against Property
- Chapter-XVIII: Offences relating to Documents and Property Marks
- Chapter -XX: Of Offences Relating to Marriage
- Chapter-XX-A: Of Offences Relating to Marriage
- Chapter- XXII: Of Defamation
- Chapter- XXIII: Of Criminal intimidation, Insult, and Annoyance
OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus – Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus?
What is the Exam Pattern for OPSC Judicial Service2023?
Where can I Get the OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus PDF?
What are the Total Marks for OPSC Judicial Service Exam?
How many Questions will be asked in the OPSC Judicial Service Exam ?