- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Test of Reasoning
- General Awareness
|Commerce & Accountancy|
- Accounting as a financial information system;
- Accounting Standards with specific reference to Accounting for Depreciation, Inventories, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, Foreign Exchange Transactions, and Investments.
- Cash Flow Statement, Fund flow statement, Financial statement analysis; Ratio analysis;
- Accounting for Share Capital Transactions including Bonus Shares, Right Shares.
- Employees Stock Option and Buy-Back of Securities.
- Preparation and Presentation of Company Final Accounts.
- Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing and Controlling;
- The Role of a Manager in an Organization. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader;
- Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD;
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Financial System
- Role and Functions of Regulatory bodies in the Financial Sector.
- Financial Markets
- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, and recent developments.
- General Topics
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI components, and trends.
- Overview of Cost and Management Accounting – Introduction to Cost and Management Accounting, Objectives and Scope of Cost and Management Accounting.
- Methods of Costing – Single Output/ Unit Costing, Job Costing, Batch Costing, Contract Costing, Process/Operation Costing, Costing of Service Sectors.
- Basics of Cost Control and Analysis – (i) Standard Costing, (ii) Marginal Costing, (iii) Budget and Budgetary Control.
- Lean System and Innovation:-
- Introduction to Lean System
- Just-in-Time (JIT)
- Kaizen Costing
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Cellular Manufacturing/ One-Piece Flow Production Systems
- Six Sigma (SS)
- Introduction to Process Innovation and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR).
The Companies Act, 2013 – Specific reference to Chapter III, Chapter IV, Chapter VIII, Chapter X, Chapter XI, Chapter XII, and Chapter XXVII.
- Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income: Concepts and Measurement, Classical & Keynesian Approach Determination of output and employment, Consumption Function, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand and Supply for Money, IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles
- Balance of Payments, Foreign Exchange Markets, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, and Non-banking Financial Institutions.
- Status of the pension sector in India
- Types of retirement schemes in India and their features
- National Pension System
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Annuity Plans
- Basics of investment
|Information Technology||Database Concepts|
- ER‐model. Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, Integrity constraints, normal forms. File organization, indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees), Transactions, and concurrency control.
- Select, view, truncate, delete, update, alter, Inner join, different types of outer joins,, use of aggregate functions, Union, intersection, except, in, and exist clauses, nested queries
Programming Concepts (Java /C C++)
- Program control (iteration, recursion, Functions), Scope of variables, Binding of variables & functions, Parameter passing, Functional and Logic Programming, OOPS Concepts, Inheritance, Class and object, Constructors, Functions, Exception Handling
Data Analytics Languages (Python /R)
- Regex, Slicing, Data reshaping, Dataframes, Dictionaries and Sets, File Management, Classes and Functions, Data Mining, Lists, Importing and exporting data, charts, and graphs
Algorithms for problem-solving
- Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; hashing, Sorting, Searching; Design techniques (Greedy, Dynamic Programming, Divide and conquer)
- ISO/OSI stack, LAN Technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), TCP/UDP, IP, Basic concepts of switches, gateways, and routers, Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP), Firewalls
Information & Cyber Security Concepts
- Cyber Attacks, Software Development Security, Network Security, Authentication, CIA – Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability, Network Audit, Systems Audit
- Data Extraction, Data Cleaning, Data Transformation, Data Loading, Metadata, Data Cube, Data Mart, Data Models
- Shell Scripting Basics, Shell Variables, Shell Script Arguments, If Statement, Loop, Return, Basic UNIX commands
- Economics: Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income, Determination of output and employment, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand and Supply for Money, IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Banking Functions, Public Goods, Tax & Non-Tax Revenue, Direct & Indirect Taxes, Fiscal Balance, Public Debt, Public Budget and Foreign Trade and Balance of Payments
- Statistics and Econometrics: Measures of Central tendency & dispersions, Correlation, Sampling methods, Sampling Distribution, Statistical Inferences, Hypothesis testing, Regression Analysis, Panel Data Analysis, Time Series Properties, and Analysis
- Financial Institutions and Markets: Asymmetric Information, Market Model, Market Efficiency, Money, Credit and Capital Markets, Primary Market, Secondary Market, Commodity Markets, Mutual Funds, Stock Exchanges, Credit Rating Agencies, Pension And Insurance Markets, Foreign Exchange Markets, Role of International Financial Institutions, IS, IMF & World Bank
- Definition of Probability
- Standard Distribution
- Large and Small Sample Theory
- Analysis of Variance
- Testing of Hypothesis
- Non-Parametric Tests
- Stochastic Processes
- Linear Models and Economic Statistics
- Multivariate Analysis
- Numerical Analysis and Basic Computer Techniques
- Panel Data Analysis
- Time Series Properties and Analysis.
- The Basic Financial Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash flow statement
- Income Statement
- Analysis of Financial Statement Ratio
- Break Even Analysis
- IND AS
- Standard on Auditing
- Cost accounting concepts (basics)
- Marginal costing
- Cost volume profit analysis
- Cost sheet
- Management Accounting
- Cost of capital
- Capital structure
- Capital budgeting
- Sources of finance
- Corporate accounting
- Business law
- Negotiable instruments
- Contract act
- Partnership act
- Company law (Go through all these laws with amendments)
- Income Tax Act
- Knowledge of IT and Digital Transaction
- Compliance with KYC Norms
- Financial System: Role and Functions of Regulatory bodies in the Financial Sector.
- Financial Markets: Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, and recent developments.
- General Topics
a) Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
b) Recent Developments in the Financial Sector
c) Financial Inclusion- use of technology
d) Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
e) Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
f) Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components and trends.
g) Economics: Capital market, Money market, Micro and macroeconomics concepts and Updates related to money market and RBI policies
|Official Language (Rajbhasha)|
- Official Language Policy of the Govt. of India
- Hindi to English translation of Terms / Phrases / Sentences
- English to Hindi translation of Terms / Phrases / Sentences
- Hindi to English – Legal Terminology
- English to Hindi – Legal Terminology
- Hindi to English – Pension / Administrative / Banking / Capital Market / Economics / Social Security Terminology
- English to Hindi – Pension / Administrative / Banking / Capital Market / Economics / Social Security Terminology
|Actuarial Stream||Insurance and Management|
Part 1 – Insurance
- History of Indian Insurance, principles of Insurance;
- Risk and uncertainty, pooling and diversification of risk, Indemnity and Insurable interest;
- Legal foundations of Insurance, basics in Group/Health Insurance/Pensions; Intermediation: role in mobilizing savings, the evolution of various types and Bancassurance in India;
- Functions performed by Insurers: Product design, pricing, distribution, underwriting, claims, Investment, and Reinsurance; Group Insurance (Superannuation Funds)
- Insurance lines and products: Life Insurance and Annuities and Health Insurance; Liability risks and Insurance, valuation and Solvency requirements, Specialist Insurance lines in India – Reinsurance, GIC of India, obligator sessions, and retention of risk within the Country
Part 2 – Management
- Its nature and scope
- Management Processes – Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing, and Controlling; the role of a Manager in an Organisation
- Leadership: The tasks of a leader; leadership styles; leadership theories; A successful Leader versus an effective leader
- Human Resource Development- Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Career Planning – Training and Development
- Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – feedback and performance counseling – rewards – employee welfare
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication
- Role of Information Technology
- Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance
|English (Descriptive Test)||To assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic including precis writing/ essay writing/ comprehension|
|Paper-II||Same as Phase I Paper II|