- 1 TNEB TANGEDCO AE (Civil, EEE, ECE) Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- 1.1 TNEB TANGEDCO AE Exam Pattern 2018
- 1.2 TANGEDCO AE Exam Syllabus 2018 PDF
- 1.3 TNEB TANGEDCO AE Syllabus 2018 -EEE
- 1.4 TNEB TANGEDCO Asst Engineer Syllabus 2018 – ECE
- 1.5 TNEB TANGEDCO AE Syllabus 2018 – CSE
- 1.6 TNEB TANGEDCO AE Instrumentation Syllabus 2018
- 1.7 Click here to Download TNEB TANGEDCO AE Exam Syllabus PDF 2018
TNEB TANGEDCO AE (Civil, EEE, ECE) Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Tamilnadu government recently published the TANGEDCO Recruitment 2017. According to the employment news, the number of vacancies in this recruitment is 750 vacancies. Through the TNEB recruitment, the Tamil Nadu state is going to recruit candidates for the posts of Assistant Engineer, Field assistant, and Technical Assistant. So apply on or before the last date for TNEB jobs.
TNEB TANGEDCO AE Exam Pattern 2018
|1.||Written Test||I||Engineering Mathematics||20||20||2 Hours|
|II||Basic Engineering & Sciences||35||20|
- TNEB TANGEDCO has an objective type written test.
- The total number of questions in Tamil Nadu Assistant Engineer exam is 100.
- The maximum marks for TANGEDCO exam are 100 marks.
- Duration of Tamilnadu AE exam is 2 hours.
TANGEDCO AE Exam Syllabus 2018 PDF
TNEB TANGEDCO AE Syllabus 2018– Engineering mathematics
- Numerical Methods.
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration.
- Determinants and Matrices.
- Calculus and Differential Equations.
- Vector Calculus.
- Applied Probability.
TNEB TANGEDCO Field Assistant Syllabus 2018– Basic Engineering & Science
- Applied Mechanics.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Fluid Statics and Dynamics.
- Material Science
- Pumps and Turbines.
- Environmental Pollution.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Ohm’s law.
- Kirchoff’s law.
- Synchronous machines.
- A.C. circuits.
- D.C. machines.
- Boundary Layer.
- C program.
- Computer Organisation.
- User defined function.
- Chemical Kinetics.
- Fuels and Combustion etc.
TNEB TANGEDCO CIVIL ENGINEERING AE Syllabus 2018
Structural Engineering: Mechanics: Stress-Strain Relationships – Principal stresses and Principal strain in two dimension and three dimension. Composite Bars – Composite Beams – Elastic Constants. Beams and Bending – Shear Force and Bending Moment Diagrams – Flexural and Shear Stresses. Slope and Deflection of Beams. Thin and Thick Cylinders. Torsion. Theories of Failure – Unsymmetrical Bending – Curved Beams – Theories of Columns. Combined Direct and Bending Stresses.
Structural Analysis: Static and Kinematic Indeterminancy – Energy Principles – Deflection of pin jointed plane frames – rigid frames. Classical Method of Analysis of indeterminate structures (Slope deflection and Moment Distribution) – Matrix Method. Arches and Suspension Bridges – Influence Line for Determinate and Indeterminate Structures. Plastic Analysis of Structures.
Building Materials: Cement – Concrete – properties of ingredients- Mix Design- Quality Control- Special Concrete – Concreting Methods- Brick – Brick Masonry – Stone – Timber – Steel.
Concrete Structures: Design Methods – Limit State Design for beams, slabs, columns and footings – retaining walls – Water Tanks. Prestressed Concrete – Principles – Methods – Losses – Deflection – Design.
Steel Structures: Steel Sections – Connections – Design of Tension and Compression Members – Beams, Column Bases – Plate Girders and Trusses.
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering : Soil Mechanics: Nature of soil – phase relationships – Soil classification; Soil water – static pressure – effective stress principle; permeability – seepage; Stress distribution in soil – Consolidation (Terzaghi’s one dimension consolidation theory); Compaction shear strength of soil – Mohr – Coulomb theory – determination of shear strength by different methods; Slope stability analysis – protection Foundation Engineering: Site investigation – scope and objectives – drilling techniques depth and spacing of boreholes – sampling Techniques – penetration tests (SPT and SCPT) – plate load test – selection of foundation; Foundation types – shallow foundation – bearing capacity (Terzaghis Theory and BIS formula) – allowable bearing pressure – bearing capacity from field tests – settlement of foundation – allowable settlement – Codal provisions; Design of foundations – Isolated, combined and raft foundation; Pile foundations – static and dynamic pile driving formulae (Engineering News and Hiley method) – Pile groups – capacity and settlement – Codal provisions – pile load test – negative friction on piles; Earth pressure theories – Earth pressure on retaining walls – stability analysis of retaining
Transportation Engineering : Highway Planning: Road Classification, Geometric Design of Highways, Construction of Earth, WBM, Bituminous and concrete roads, Design of flexible and rigid pavements. Drainage of roads, maintenance of Railways, Airways, Docks and Harbour Planning: Railway alignment, components of permanent way, geometric design Airport planning, components of airport, site selection, planning for terminal building, runways. Harbour planning, components of harbour, inland water transport.
Traffic Engineering: Traffic characteristics, Traffic surveys, Traffic Signals, Road markings and signs.
Water Resources Engineering : Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics: Properties of fluids. Fluid statics and relative equilibrium. Basic concepts of fluid flow – kinematics and dynamics. Concept of system and control volume application to continuity, momentum and energy equations. Dimensional analysis and model studies. Laminar and turbulent flow through pipes. Boundary layers. Steady uniform and gradually varied flow in open channels. Rapidly varied flows. Turbines and pumps and positive displacement
Hydrology and Ground Water: Hydrometeorology. Hydrologic cycle. Precipitation and its measurements. Abstractions. Runoff estimation. Hydrograph analysis. Unit Hydrograph. Hydrologic extremes floods and droughts. Rainwater harvesting. Properties of aquifer. Groundwater development. GEC norms. Well hydraulics. Steady and unsteady flows. Ground water quality.
Irrigation Engineering: Irrigation system. National water policy. Components of irrigation network. Design of lined and unlined channels. Waterways, head works, gravity dams and spillways. Design of weirs on permeable foundation. Soil water relations. Crop water requirements. Irrigation scheduling and methods. Duty, delta and base period. Irrigation water quality. Irrigation water management. Participatory approach.
Environmental Engineering : Water and Waste water Engineering: Water requirements; water demand, quality standards; Development of water supply source, conveyance system; basic unit processes and operations for water treatment; water distribution; sewage characteristics; sewage treatment, primary and secondary treatment of sewage, sludge disposal, sewage
Air Pollution and Control: Types of pollutants, their sources and impacts, air pollution meteorology, air pollution control, air quality standards and limits.
Noise Pollution and Control: Impacts of noise, permissible limits of noise pollution, measurement of noise and control of noise pollution.
Surveying: Surveying: Chain survey-traversing-plotting: compasses-bearings – plane table-leveling-bench marks-temporary and permanent adjustments-reduction: contouring and volumes-theodolites – Gale’s table-lay out – setting out works-curve ranging-mine surveying-techeometric survey triangulation- base line-corrections- trigonometric leveling – errors and sources-classification of errors-equationlevel nets- astronomical survey-practical astronomy-photogrammetry-EDM-hydrographic survey- river.
Electronic survey- infrared EDM-microwave system-modern positioning systems – trilateration.
TNEB TANGEDCO AE Syllabus 2018 -EEE
- Electrical Circuits and Fields : KCL, KVL, Nodal & Mesh analysis, transient response of D.C and A.C networks; sinusoidal steady-state analysis; resonance in electrical circuits; concepts of ideal voltage and current sources, network theorems, driving point admittance and transfer functions of two port network, three phase circuits; Fourier series and its application; Gauss theorem, electric field intensity and potential due to point, line, plane and spherical charge distribution, dielectric, capacitance calculations for simple configurations; Ampere’s and Biot-Savart’s law, inductance calculations for simple
- Electrical machines : Single phase transformer-equivalent circuit, phasor diagram, tests, regulation and efficiency; three phase transformer-connections; auto transformer; principles of energy conversion, windings of rotating machines: D.C generators and motors-characteristics, starting and speed control, armature reaction and commutation; three phase induction motors-performance characteristics, starting and speed control; single-phase induction motors; synchronous generators- performance, regulation; synchronous motors-starting characteristics, applications, synchronous condensers; fractional horse power motors; permanent magnet and stepper
- Power Systems : Electric power generation – thermal, hydro, nuclear; transmission line parameters; steady-state performance of overhead transmission lines and cables and surge propagation; distribution system, insulators, bundle conductors, corona and radio interferences effects; per-unit quantities; bus admittance and impedence matrices; load flow; voltage control and power factor correction; economic operation; symmetrical components, analysis of symmetrical and unsymmetrical faults; principle of over current, differential and distance protections; concepts and solid state relays and digital protection; circuit breakers; principles of system stability-swing curves and equal area criterion.
- Control systems : Principles of feedback; transfer function; block diagram; steady- state errors; stability- Routh and Nyquist criteria; Bode plots; compensation; root loci; elementary state variable formulation; state transition matrix and response for Linear time Invariant systems.
- Power Electronics and Drives : Semiconductor power devices-diodes, transistors, thyristors, triacs, GTO, MOSFETs and IGBTs-static characteristic and principles of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converters-fully controlled and half controlled; principles of choppers and inverters, basic concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac
- Electronics : Digital Logic Theory: Number systems-Combinational logic circuits-Minimisation of Boolean functions-IC families-Arithmetic circuits, Multiplexer & decoders-Sequential circuits-Flip flops, counters, shift registers, Schmitt trigger, timers and multivibrators.
- Microprocessor : General 8 bit microprocessor Architcture-8085, 8086 processor – Architecture, Memory, I/O interfacing, Instruction set, Addressing modes, Timing diagram & delays, Machine cycles, Interrupts, counters, Assembly language programming.
- Microcontrollers: 8 bit microcontroller – 8051 architecture, bus configuration, Instruction sets, programming & applications.
- Digital Signal Processing : Analog signals-sampling & Aliasing-Discrete time signals & systems- LTI systems- Convolution sum-Difference equation representation-Z Transform & its Inverse-Discrete Fourier series & Fourier transform-Radix 2 FFT – Decimation in me and frequency- Inverse DFT using FFT-Analog Butterworth & Chebyshev filter design-IIR & FIR filter design and
- Computer Control of Processes, Networks : State models and state equations- controllability & observability-pole assignment-discrete data system – state space representation-stability-data hold, Z & modified Z transform – Pulse transfer function- programmable logicData networks-switching OSI, Data link control, Media access protocol-BISYNC, SDLC, HDLC, CSMA/CD, TCP/IPBridges, routers, gateways, Ethernet and Arcnet configuration.
- Communication Engineering : Modulation and demodulation systems – Types of transmission lines – losses – standing waves – Ground wave and space wave propagation – Digital communication concepts – Data Communication codes, serial and parallel interface – Network protocol – Types of satellites – Advantages of optical fibre communication.
TNEB TANGEDCO Asst Engineer Syllabus 2018 – ECE
- Circuit Analysis: DC Circuit analysis, Thevenin’s and Norton’s equivalent circuits, Sinusoidal steady state analysis, Transient and resonance in RLC
- Electronic Devices: Diodes, Bipolar Junction Transistors, FET, MOSFET, UJT, Thyristor.
- Electronic Circuits: Small signal amplifiers using BJT and FET devices, Large signal amplifiers, Power supplies, Feed back amplifiers, Oscillators, Pulse shaping circuits. Digital Electronics: Logic gates, Combinational circuits, Sequential circuits.
- Linear Integrated Circuits: Operational amplifiers and its applications, PLL, Voltage regulators, A/D and D/A converters.
- Measurements and Instrumentation: Transducers, Digital Instruments, Display and Recording systems. Microprocessor and its applications: Microprocessors-8085 and 8086 architectures and interfaces, Micro-controller and applications.
- Electromagnetic Fields: Static Electric and Magnetic fields, Time varying Electric and Magnetic fields, Maxwell equations. Transmission Lines and Networks: Transmission line equations, impedance matching,
- EM waves and waveguides: Guided waves, Rectangular and cylindrical waveguides. Antennas and Propagation: Aperture antennas, arrays, Propagation of radio waves.
- Microwave Engineering: Microwave tubes, semiconductor devices, Passive components, Microwave measurements.
- Communication Theory and Systems: AM, FM and PM, Sampling and Quantisation, PCM, DM, ADM,
- Digital Communication: Base band signaling, Band pass signaling, Error control coding, Spread spectrum techniques.
- Computer Communication Networks: Definition of layers, data link protocols, Network interconnection. Message routing technologies, End-End protocols.
- Optical Communication: Optical Fibers, optical transmitters and receivers.
- Signals and Systems: Continuous time signals and systems-Fourier Transform, Laplace transform, Discrete time signals and systems-DTFT, DFT, Z-Transform.
- Digital Signal Processing: IIR and FIR filters, Realisation and implementation, Quantisation effects.
- Control Systems: Transfer function, Time and frequency response analysis, Stability analysis, state variable analysis
TNEB TANGEDCO AE Syllabus 2018 – CSE
- Applied Probability And Operations Research : Random Processes, Probability Distributions, Queuing Models and Simulation, Testing of Hypothesis, Design of Experiments.
- Discrete Mathematical Structures : Formal Language and Automata – Graph Theory.
- Compiler Design : Optimisation – Code Generation – Implementation – Principles of Programming Languages – Programming
- Operating Systems And System Software : Process Management, Storage Management, I/O Systems, Design and Implementation of LINUX OS, assemblers, Loaders, Linkers, Macro
- Distributed Systems : Communication and Distributed Environment, Distributed Operating Systems, Distributed Shared Memory, Protocols, Fault Tolerance and Distributed File Systems, Distributed Object Based
- Programming And Data Structures : Problem Solving Techniques, Trees, Hashing and Priority Queues, Sorting, Graph, Heap
- Algorithm Analysis And Design Techniques : Dynamic Programming, Greedy Algorithms, Advanced Algorithms, NP Completeness and Approximation
- Microprocessors And Microcontrollers – Computer Architecture And Organisation : Digital Fundamentals, Combinational Circuits, Synchronous and Asynchronous Sequential Circuits, Instruction Set Architecture(RISC,CISC,ALU Design), Instruction Level Parallelism, Processing Unit and Pipelining, Memory Organisation.
- Digital Signal Processing : FFT, Filter
- Computer Networks : Data Communication Systems,
- Database Management Systems : Relational Model, Database Design, Implementation Techniques, Distributed Databases, Object Oriented Databases, Object Relational Databases, Data Mining and Data
- Software Engineering Methodologies : Software Product and Processes – Software Requirements Management – Requirement Engineering, Elicitation, Analysis, Requirements Development and Validation, Requirements Testing – Object Oriented Analysis And Design – Modular Design, Architectural Design, User Interface Design, Real Time Software Design, System Design, Data acquisition System – Software Testing And Quality Assurance – SQA Fundamentals, Quality Standards, Quality Metrics, Software Testing Principles, Defects, Test Case Design Strategies, Software Quality and reusability, Software Project Management, Software Cost Estimation, Function Point Models, Software Configuration Management, Software
- Artificial Intelligence : Intelligent Agents, Search Strategies, Knowledge Representation, Learning,
- Mobile Computing : Wireless Communication Fundamentals, Telecommunication Systems, Wireless
- Security In Computing : Program Security, Security in Operating Systems, Database and Network Security, Scientific Computing, Information Coding Techniques, Cryptography, Network
TNEB TANGEDCO AE Instrumentation Syllabus 2018
- Measurements: Units & Standards, Calibration methods, Systematic and random errors in measurement, propagation of errors, static & dynamic characteristics of Transducers. PMMC, MI and dynamometer type instruments. Bridges for measurement of R, L and C. Measurement of voltage, current and power in single and three phase circuits, time, phase and frequency measurements, digital voltmeter, digital multi-meter. Oscilloscope, shielding and
- Analog Electronics: Characteristics and applications of diode, Zener diode, BJT and MOSFET. Small signal analysis of transistor circuits, feedback amplifiers, Characteristics of operational amplifiers and applications of opamps:- difference amplifier, adder, subtractor, integrator, differentiator, instrumentation amplifier, precision rectifier and active filters. Oscillators, signal generators, voltage controlled oscillators and phase locked
- Digital Electronics : Combinational logic circuits, minimization of Boolean functions. IC families:- TTL and CMOS. Arithmetic circuits, comparators, Schmitt trigger, multi- vibrators, sequential circuits, flip-flops, shift registers, timers and counters, sample-and- hold circuit, multiplexer, analog-to-digital (successive approximation, integrating, flash and sigma-delta) and digital-to-analog converters (weighted R and R-2R ladder), Characteristics of ADC and DAC (resolution, quantization, significant bits, conversion/settling time). Basics of number systems, 8-bit microprocessor and microcontroller:- applications, memory and input-output interfacing, basics of data acquisition systems.
- Industrial Instrumentation & Analytical Instrumentation : Transducers for industrial instrumentation:- displacement (linear and angular), velocity, acceleration, force, torque, vibration, shock, pressure (including low pressure), flow (differential pressure, variable area, electromagnetic, ultrasonic, turbine and open channel flow meters) temperature (thermocouple, bolometer, RTD (3/4 wire), thermistor, pyrometer and semiconductor); liquid level and viscosity measurement. Smart Transmitters (HART/Foundation Fieldbus enabled Transmitters). pH and conductivity meters, Chromatography, NMR & X-ray Spectroscopy
- Control Systems and Industrial Data Communication: Laplace, Fourier and z-transforms, DFT and FFT, Basics of IIR and FIR filters. Feedback principles, signal flow graphs, transient response, steady-state-errors, Bode plot, Routh and Nyquist criteria, root loci and state-space representation of systems. Design of lead, lag and lead-lag compensators, on-off, P, P-I, P-I-D, cascade, feed-forward, and ratio Distributed Control System, PLC & SCADA. Basics of Industrial data Communication and Internet of Things.